Garbage and Recycling Collection
The town of Carlyle contracts out their garbage pick up to Regens Disposal. We offer Grey bin (waste collection) pick up every Tuesday morning, as well as One stream Recycling (blue bin) – all recyclables in one cart with pick up every other Thursday.
How to use the Curb side Carts:
- To ensure your cart gets emptied have it to the curb by 7AM.
- After the cart has been emptied roll it back to its place off the street.
- Only items INSIDE the cart will be collected.
If your cart is damaged, stolen or vandalized please contact the Town Office for replacements.
To Print Service Calendars or Create a service reminder go to their website Regens Disposal
Carlyle Transfer Station
Carlyle offers a transfer station for larger garbage disposal.
Transfer station hours are:
- Mondays from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays (seasonally open, summer months only) 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
The transfer station is manned during the hours posted and your loads will be assessed for dumping fees. Cash and cheques are the only form of payment accepted.
- Appliances – $10.00 each
- Mattresses, Box springs – $10.00 each
- Furniture (sofa, loveseat, recliners) – $10.00 each
- Chairs – $5.00 each
- Pickup Truck or Utility Trailer load – $20.00 per load
- One Ton Truck – $100.00 per load
- Three Ton Truck – $300.00 per load
- Clean Wood (not painted or treated) – FREE – no charge
- Tree Branches or Leaves – FREE – no charge
- Cardboard – FREE – no charge
WASTES THAT ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- Liquid waste except that which is normally contained in household waste
- Domestic sewage or sludge of any type
- Waste that is burning or likely to cause a fire
- Asbestos materials
- Herbicides, pesticides or hazardous wastes, including the receptacles that contained them
- Biomedical waste
- Radioactive material
- Tires, automobiles or other large metal objects
- Agricultural wastes
- Animal carcasses
- Materials that exceed the handling capacity of the transfer station equipment or transfer vehicles
- Wastes that may result in excessive dust or odor
For leftover Paint Disposal – return it to SARCAN
Have used household batteries? You can drop them off at the Town Office for recycling!