The Saskatchewan Lotteries Community Grant Program is now CLOSED- check back in Spring 2024.
The purpose of the program is to provide funds to volunteer organizations that provide programs and services in sport, culture and recreation. Funds are provided through the Town of Carlyle to maintain, improve and expand on programs and opportunities for people of all ages to derive the benefits from involvement in sport, culture and recreation activities. For this reason, only those expenditures that can be directly related to programming will qualify for grant assistance.
- Expenditures must be directly related to the delivery of a sport, culture or recreation project.
- Expenditures must occur within the grant period of April 1 - March 31
- Groups receiving grants must publicly acknowledge Saskatchewan Lotteries within their activities.
- Any project initiatives that are aimed at increasing participation in any under-represented populations should be identified in questions 4, 5, and 6 of the Project Report Form.
- Operation costs of facilities that are directly related to a program are eligible for 25% of the total grant received for each program up to a maximum of $500 per program (including cleaning staff).
- construction, renovations, retro-fit and repairs to buildings/facilities (this includes fixing doors, shingling roofs, installing flooring, moving/hauling dirt, etc.);
- property taxes or insurance;
- per diems/ day money;
- alcoholic beverages;
- food or food related costs (this includes catering supplies, coffee, coffee pots, stoves, BBQs, etc.);
- membership fees in other lottery-funded organizations;
- prizes, cash, gifts, awards, honorariums, trophies, plaques and badges;
- out-of-province activities and travel;
- subsidization of wages for full-time employees. Note: Eligible employment expenditures must be no more than 35 hours a week and no more than 90 days in a grant period (or 455 hours in a grant period); and
- uniforms or personal items such as sweatbands and hats.